What is Sterling Silver
Did you know that Sterling silver is an alloy?
Pure silver (100%) is a soft metal and doesn't hold it's shape as well. This secondary metal like copper helps strengthen and harden pure silver making it more durable and more practical when making jewellery.
What is an alloy you ask - it's just a combination of several metals.
All items produced by Renate Jewellery uses Sterling silver that is 92.5% pure silver, and the other 7.5% is another metal, often copper or a combination of metals.