Cleaning your Sterling Silver Jewellery
Sterling silver jewellery will tarnish over time as it is exposed to natural elements, like air and chemicals contained within the air. A quick polish will restore the shine and luster of your sterling silver jewellery.
It is recommend that you use a soft polish cloth ideally for silver (e.g. Goddards silver cloth) or a silver dip (can be purchased at jewellery stores). Microfiber cloths are great for polishing silver jewellery. Note: It's not recommended to place semi-precious stones or pearls into a silver dip solution.
A quick simple do it yourself Silver dip recipe - Salt, Baking Soda & Dish Detergent
- Line a bowl with aluminium foil and top with 2 tablespoons salt, 2 tablespoons baking soda, and dish detergent (this is optional).
- Add hot water and drop in your jewellery, letting it sit for 10 minutes.
- A gently scrub with a soft brush, however, keep a close eye on the silver for any scratching.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towel.
- if required, repeat the process.
Just to recap – To remove any tarnish the use of a Silver Dip Solution or rubbing with a Silver Cloth is all that is required to renew the brilliance and shine of your favourite pieces of Renate Jewellery.